- I've got a lot of zeal but I am only human.
- I am blessed to know God, but I am not a goddess.
- I am a mere mortal not a divine healer.
- I am African & American Black, but I do not serve black magic.
- I don't know it all, but I am in the business of learning.
- I am here to serve, but access to me is limited as I am also a wife, a mama, a daughter, sister, auntie & guide. When I am chosen to serve, I serve holistically and I have a team of professional backup doulas who operate the same!
Listen A #Doula isn't just this big daunting waste of money thing on your list What does a Doula do anyway????️
Doula #Brain: Your Birth Plan Memorized. I am your walking Birth Plan. Paired with Evidence-Based Knowledge, I empower you to take ownership of your birth.
Doula #Heart: Full of Empathy & Compassion for you, your partner &, your baby. My Heart beats success for you & a safe transition into parenthood
Doula #Peace: My Soul Burns for Birth Advocacy, yet I seek to enhance both a Peaceful Birth Space & strong Communication between the birthing Family & the clinical team
Doula #Voice: I Help Rise Questions for a fully informed, mutually inclusive shared decision-making process
Doula #Muscle: ️ Hands On & Engaging Comfort Techniques to ease discomfort & enhance Birth focus. In unmedicated Birth, I am your pain management modality.
Postpartum Doula: I help the new family adjust to new life together including lactation support
THE DOULA #BODY in the Birth Space quietly reminds the clinical team of their assignment.
Get You A Doula, Ma.
If you #OwnYourBirth, we will Deliver
Written by Tia Ajao CD(DONA)
FEATURING BirthNerds.com Black Doula Magic T-shirt!
HelloBabyEvents.com for Black Maternal Health